Pages

Saturday 8 December 2012

A Gift from the Art

If you're still racking your brain for a thoughtful gift for a loved one this Christmas then look no further!

Thanks to a great post a while back, from fellow blogger and Oldhammerer, Chad over at Maximum Rock and Role Play, my problem was certainly solved! 

He and his wife run a fantastic little business called Our Bookish Life, which sells all sorts of nice literary gifts. What caught my eye though, were Chad's excellent illustrations of scenes from various novels, drawn on pages from the (recycled) books they were from. 

Although I was rather taken with the Lord of the Rings and Slaughter House 5 (Kurt Vonnegut is one of my favourite authors) illustrations, I noticed Chad also took custom orders. Now, while my better half doesn't often come here to check up on what I'm up to I'm going to keep what I got for her a secret.

However, I did take the liberty of treating myself to this!


A rather fine representation of Conan battling the Two Frost Giants - brothers to the beguiling and treacherous Atali, daughter of the God Ymir, which should give you some idea of Chad's excellent work.

I may have to commission another couple of pieces in the New Year, perhaps featuring Atali appearing before the wounded Conan at the start of the story and her capture towards the end - it'll make a nice triptych for the wall in my games room... 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nice post, I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure - like I say I think Conan is going to look a little lonely on the wall by himself ;)

      Delete
  2. Nice link! And a bit expensive as I had to buy their illustration of e.a. Poe once I had seen it :-). Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it - I was just after a present for the Missus! ;)

      Delete
  3. We nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award!
    http://bytheordersofthegreatwhitequeen.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete