Pages

Tuesday 2 November 2010

The skull beneath the skin...

Well its been a bit of a break from the painting table but after a busy few weeks at work and a very pleasant week pottering about on a narrow boat around the canals of Warwickshire I'm back into the swing of things!


As a way of easing myself back in I thought I'd have a bash at a mini I've wanted to own for years - one of the excellent old citadel chaos warriors. Don't know whether he was spawned by a Perry, a Morrison or Bob Naismith but its a great mini! 


The latest addition to Baron Kraust's burgeoning Band of Lost Souls, Koehler Richtus. With his armour encrusted with the verdigris of centuries (think I went a bit too green!) and his dessicated skin pulled tight over the deathly visage of his skull, Richtus is a warrior of a bygone era - his life unnaturally extended by the fickle whims of the Chaos Gods. 


Now all I have to do is resist the insidious temptations of painting up the other colourful and somewhat mutated creatures who follow in the wake of the Baron's scourge and finish off Golgfag's gang - not to mention the small matter of an orc tribe or too...

2 comments:

  1. I can see why you like these older Citadel sculpts. They're not all crazy overly-done like the current range. NIce greenish armor. It's like old bronze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - that was the look I was after!

    You're right - sometimes chaos doesn't have to be dripping with skullz and spikez!

    ReplyDelete