Pages

Tuesday 4 December 2012

A Goblin, a Goblin - My Kingdom Four A Goblin...

Sorry couldn't resist massacring a bit of the Bard for this post! And if you didn't get the finely wrought pun then let me enlighten you...




I spent a most pleasant few hours over in Pudsey at Recon 2012 at the weekend - even the kids behaved well for me (the wife was off doing stuff for her Midwifery training) long after the initial excitement of seeing lots of little monsters - actually there were more little tanks in the demonstration and participation games. Talking of which there was an excellent game based on the 1953 version of War of the Worlds - you know the one with the Manta Ray style Martian war machines.

Anyway I digress.

Its always nice at these events to pop over and have a good chat with Andy of Four A Miniatures  and see what new miniature goodies he has in. Well I was certainly not disappointed as sitting there proudly were the latest additions to the his Goblin range, sculpted by Kev Adams himself, nonetheless!


I gather these guys haven't quite made it onto the online shop yet but they won't be long and they're definitely worth looking out for. As you can see I've wasted no time getting a grey primer and black ink wash on them!

Its nice to see the range branching out and developing - this release sees some rather nice Goblin villagers -




A brilliant Goblin shaman -


Notice the little raptor poking his head out from beneath his cloak!


A bunch of new warriors -



Love the new boozy archer - hope he can shoot straight though!


The Blow pipe armed Goblin is another nice new twist.





And most excitingly - a mounted Goblin with a bad case of crabs!


This guy is loads of fun and there will be a few more variants to look forward to as well.




I can't wait to get started on painting these chaps up, although they will have to wait a little while.

As mentioned in my last post, I've started work on the little commission Binman (from the LAF) has asked me to do for his amazing Mordheim project. It's certainly going to be nice to do some more "traditional" Old World fare in the form of a couple of Elves, a Gnome and a Snotling! They are now based on 2p coins, primed and almost base coated...



2 comments:

  1. Ooo, nice! The goblin with a teapot, there's my favourite right there, closely followed by the crab cavalry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, he is quite a character.

    There's more Crabary to come!

    ReplyDelete